Monday, August 20, 2007

F*ck you I wont do what you tell me...

ok sorry mom. i know that can be offensive to people and I guess make sure your kids don't want to see what I am saying.
But i did just get back from seeing Rage Against the Machine, so who can blame me.
We flew out Friday afternoon after spending an easy morning relaxing and getting more tickets to concerts. But this one is a given... it isn't a choice about these. Widespread Panic is coming back. And if you have been reading my posts then you will know how much i love Panic and so i will not miss their shows. The shows are in October, so plenty of time to talk about those..
Anyway, we got our tickets on line friday and then i finished watching Meatballs. Great film..
So, we got to the airport and no problem until we were in the plane and waiting to leave and the pilot says, oh we have just been told that all west bound planes have been grounded out of Denver for weather coming over the divide. Great. We sat there for about 40 minutes before they decided to take us up though Wyoming and then down Interstate 80. which was strange to us because when we went to Cali the last time we drive I80 and now we were flying over the same route. It was a beautiful day once we got outside of Colorado. We landed about an hour late, so our poor friend with a hurt knee was circling the airport for about that long waiting to hear from us. But we landed, got some grub, got a beer, went to our room and crashed out.
The next morning, we got our shit together, and headed to the show. I was astounded when i saw the line to get in was wrapped around the entire AT&T park and was still going. There was a small coffee shop that would sell beers to go, so Jeff picked a place in line and started to blend in and i got us a few beers and we drank them as we moved towards the gate. Josh hobbling the whole way.
Now thanks to Josh for busting his knee at Red Rocks because that meant we could sit in the handicapped platform that was elevated. So we had chairs and a great view while 47,000 other people jammed together to see these bands. It was the best.. if that wasn't the case, this crowd would have gotten to me instantly and it would have been a huge problem holding space for yourself etc. The only bad thing was there was no beer sales outside the beer garden and even then they had only really shitty beer, so it was a sober day.
We got to see Mos Def, Nas, Cypris Hill, Wu Tang Clan and the RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.
I got a sweatshirt, (that i am wearing right now). It was a great show.. Hip hops shows are a lot different than then jam band fan base, but it was a lot of fun...
Then sunday we took a ride on the Muni to get to my favorite place in San Francisco. It is a tiny store called the Sword and the Rose. It is tucked back in a very small court yard and is a very magical place. The only place in the world that i will get my Terot Cards read, which i did. and got some new oils (my sandlewood spilled during one flight, so i needed to reup on that, and i got some great inscence that went with my reading.
I have a strong belief that i don't like to share my pearls with everyone, but i will tell you that it is all great stuff, and no, and i mean absolutely no obstacles in my path right now. Which is totally different than the last time i was in the store and had my cards read. but that was six years ago, so i guess i worked though all the stuff I needed to. I am on a good path in a good time with myself.. All is safe and warm in my life.. great news and just what i needed to hear to give me that little bit of encouragement to start going after other things that i need to attract to me. And one being some health and well being. SO i am starting to think of joining the gym again. I love swimming and it is really good for me, and i am not as self conscience as i was this time last year, when i joined before. And i would like to get is tip top shape for me and my well being.. That is important. So, as i said, i am just starting to think about it. I will let you know how the process goes.
SO, then we flew home. I have to say that i am a fan of Frontier Airlines.. They have great rates, Direct TV (i watched hippos on Animal Planet and MASH on Nick at night) and the seats are actually comfortable with the movable head rests that can fold to kind of hug your head. i like that. So, i am going to keep that in mind next time i fly. And to be honest, it looks like it will be in October, when we go back to Vegas to see another Rage Against the Machine show at Vegoose.
www.vegoose.com
Pictures will come, i have to get them off the camera first.
All for now....

No comments: