Friday, May 09, 2008

Holy Smokes. I forgot...

Seriously.. I can't believe i did, but it happens..
So I had a doc appointment yesterday morning and that threw everything out of wack. My appointment was at 9:45. Of course I had a little break down yesterday morning. See, I have mentioned that my boyfriend and I have decided that we want to get pregnant. This is a huge decision for both of us as we have both been single (well within our committed relationship) and fancy free, me for 35 years and him for 39. You tend to get used to things you do for so many years, hence why we are not married... (but that's for a different day... ANYWHOOO)
So, we decide this a few months ago, plan when we want to start trying and went about our merry lives as if nothing has happened. Now, here we are VERY CLOSE to the trying time.
Flashback about a year and that movie Knocked Up comes out. All our friends say it is cute, we should see it, whatever. My boyfriend isn't really into the girlie flicks, as most guys, so we never see it. No biggie. Two nights ago, he comes home with a free video rental from one of those McDonalds video rental kiosks. I think great, I like movies and especially when they are free. He got Knocked Up. I thought it was a cute gesture, so we put it in. It's cute up till it gets well, for this chick, a little too real. I mean i was in college and moving around the country when my sister was pregnant all three times. I was not even in the state each time her kids were born. I have some girl friends, but not friends that are that close and i have some aquantiences that have been pregnant, but running into them every five months, doesn't give you an insight to what the heck is going on.. So, by the end of the movie, i was in tears, and told my boyfriend, before storming off to bed, that if he wanted a child, he could have it himself and I was out of this deal.
Needless to say the next morning I was completely freaked out. I mean there are certain things i know, like i know it is going to be painful, I am not afraid of that. I am not scared of being uncomfortable, I am not even really afraid of the birth, I will wait until later for that to freak me the hell out, but for now, my fear is that I am going to just get CRAZY!!! I really don't want to be a crazy irrational woman, I just really don't. (shut up, I know what you are thinking and No I AM NOT!!) there, that should convince you~
When i went to my doc yesterday, her exact words were "What were you thinking?" I said I didn't pick it out, She said What was he thinking??? I don't know the answer to that.
Then she said, don't watch it again, and you will be fine. To be honest, that's all i needed to know. She said that many women have said they were scared off by that movie. Glad I am not alone, but my question is, is that the first sign of going crazy??? Oh Crap am I already there?????
GREAT.
Anyway, when I got to work, it was so late and I was so confused that by the time snack time came around I didn't realize it until 2:30 and well, you know the routine around here, that's way to late to get a snack and yeah, they were all gone.. Nothing even on the table to let me know what it even was. I hate when that shit happens.

I am really ready to not have to come to work for a few days. It is Friday and I am excited, just want to get home and forget that I have to work for a living.

Now, for those of you at home that are keeping my score cards:
Rockies won again yesterday....
And the Widespread Panic score is that we got all our tickets that we needed done before general onsale, So we got 2 fridays, 3 saturdays, 2 sundays.. then we have monday off and we head to KC for Tuesday and Wednesday.. this is all for June 27,28,29 July 2,3....
Going to be a good run...

Here's the other stuff.

Today is Lost Sock Memorial Day.

Today is Root Canal Appreciation Day. (friggen Ouch appreciating day, I don’t know anyone that says thank you right after a root canal)

Today is Donate a Day's Wages to Charity Day. (Sorry, I donated to the fuel companies this week, that’s a full day’s wage for me, none left over to help with. Maybe the oil companies can donate a day’s wages.. you think?)

Today is National Nightshift Workers Day.

Today is National Butterscotch Brownie Day. (WOW!!!)

Today is Vast Wasteland Day, the day in 1961 when Federal Communications Commission Chairman Newton Minow challenged network TV executives to sit through an entire day of their own programming. Minow suggested they would observe a "vast wasteland."

Today is Pipsqueak Appreciation Day, a time to honor pipsqueaks everywhere.

Today is Victory Day in Russia and Day of Memory and Honor in Uzbekistan.


1974: Three Detroit bandits set a record by stealing 32,500 used watches from a Goodwill Industries warehouse.

1984: In Chicago the White Sox beat Milwaukee 7-6 in the 25th inning of history's longest baseball game: 8 hours 6 minutes. The game had begun the night before but was suspended because of a 1:00 a.m. curfew.

1987: Tom Cruise and Mimi Rogers were married.

1990: Irish singer Sinead O'Connor refused to appear on "Saturday Night Live" after chauvinist comedian Andrew Dice Clay was named as host.

1991: The Congregational Church in Winnetka, Illinois, made $195,388.53, the largest sum ever raised at a one-day rummage sale.

1999: A truck carrying 20-million bees in 450 hives overturned in Falmouth, Maine. Firefighters quickly sprayed the dumped hives with water to make the bees think it was raining, so they’d stay home. Five firefighters were stung, but none seriously hurt.

2000: The owner of a small Dutch tobacco shop won $4.1 million in the lottery by mistake. Having accidentally printed up more tickets than he could sell, he was forced, by law, to buy the remainder himself. One of the extra tickets was a big winner.

2002: In Bahrain, voters were allowed to cast ballots for the first time in 30 years. Women voted for the first time in the nation's history.

No comments: