Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday in snow


So it feels like the calendar went back a few months today. The high is about 35, and it has been raining and snowing all day. Compared to yesterday & sunday, I think all the Moms in Colorado should be glad they got the day they did. And to be honest yesterday, I just couldn't do it, work I mean. I just could not handle a whole day in this small office area with my cell mate. I had a pretty emotional weekend and I just had no energy to come in and play nice. So, I played hooky instead.
And today i got a reward. I GET TO MOVE OFFICES!!! Yeah.. It is a smaller place, with actual cubical walls and other people sitting close, but it is SO MUCH BETTER than where i currently am. MUCH BETTER. but with my luck, there is always a delay. ALWAYS. So, since today is raining, i have to wait until tomorrow to move, because i have to move tape decks and a computer and a monitor to another building, so i will wait. one. more. day. OH and another thing, I will be able to bring my dog to work with me, everyday!!! SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT. He is my security blanket and it will be great having him with me all day and I know he will feel the same.

So, what was the deal this weekend you ask?? Well again, to be honest, and that's really the only way i know(not a good lier at all)- I don't do well with change. even self induced change. Just doesn't suit my way of "just riding the wave until i am forced to change" lifestyle. So, i kinda freaked out. I am starting to get cramps, which is a few (yeah like 5) days early, which means we are closer to the "start trying date" and knowing us, i don't think we are going to have any issues. so frankly, i am about change a lot of stuff and I freaked. Just sooner than planned and I am not a "surprises" kind of a girl-hence the planned pregnancy. Yes even five days is enough to throw me for a loop.
I had to take a LONG walk with my dog and kinda get the tears out and get myself together again.. turned into a longer walk than planned, but i felt better by the time I got back and feeling my boyfriends excitement and confidence is kind of contagious. So, dealing... I don't know about how well, but it will be better by the time it needs to be.
Enough baby talk...


SURVIVOR!!! oh my god, did you see it.. I am really psyched that Parvity won. She made all the best moves and came up with all the great ideas.. (convincing Eric to give up the Immunity necklace- dumbest play ever) but it worked and she won.. I am really happy about that. Although I do think that Amanda deserved to be at the end, I think she played by riding coat tales (ozzy's and Parvity's) and that kind of play doesn't really deserve 1 million bucks. Kicking three boys and a girls off by a blindside four times in a row, that deserves 1 million bucks for sure.
Big Brother starts this July (the 13th for those keeping score). mark your calendars now.


Thats really about all i have to share. We went out sunday night and saw a band, but other than that, we did a lot of being home this past weekend. Got some stuff planted (that is freezing as we speak) and got some housework accomplished. Not to mention some Denny's pancakes on sunday. Yesterday I slept a lot, played some games on the internet and did some laundry. My boyfriend was going to come home early and have some lunch with me, but he didn't get home until 1:30, then we had to go take a picture of a burned house for the newspaper. Apparently this guy was working on his antique corvette or something and it backfired and actually caught the garage on fire, but it quickly spread to the main part of the house and boy, when we saw it yesterday, i was a sad sight. Oh and I made some stuffed peppers in the slow cooker this weekend. They were (are) good. Had them for leftovers yesterday too..
Ok, here's your fix.
















Sorry that was for me... Here's your's

Today is Worminator Day, marking the birth of Dennis Rodman in Trenton, New Jersey, on this date in 1961. He was 5-feet-9 in high school, too short to make the basketball team.

Today is National Apple Pie Day. (OH yeah I am all over this one)

Today is Table Knife Appreciation Day. Cardinal Richelieu invented the utensil on this date in 1639. (I will use it on my apple pie and hit tow birds with one stone)

Today is Mary Wells Day, marking the birth on this day in 1943 of Motown's first big star. Her biggest hits were "You Beat Me to the Punch," "Two Lovers," and "My Guy." She died in 1992 at age 49.

1973: Tennis male chauvinist Bobby Riggs defeated Margaret Court 6-2, 6-1 in front of a world-wide television audience. Later that year he would lose to Billy Jean King.

1975: The King of Western Swing, Bob Wills, died in Fort Worth at age 70. Among the best-known of his 550 recordings were: "San Antonio Rose," "Take Me Back to Tulsa," "Steel Guitar Rag," "Faded Love," and "Stay A Little Longer."

1982: Comedian Jerry Seinfeld made his first appearance with TV's David Letterman.

1985: Rocker Bruce Springsteen married model Julianne Phillip. She filed for divorce in 1988.

1991: A study released by the University of Utah indicated that cigarette smoking may be hazardous to your face. Smoking, they said, triples your chance of premature facial wrinkling.

1995: Thieves in Birmingham, England, unscrewed aluminum handles from all 150 doors in a 19-story apartment building. It had to have taken them all night.

1997: Police in Buenos Aires arrested two men trying to escape on a motor scooter with a toilet they’d just stolen from a fast-food restaurant.

2003: A thousand-pound bear wandered out of the woods near a police station in Belarus while officers were outside. When police took cover in their car, the bear sat on top of the car for an hour before ambling into the police station and eating their lunch. The offices escaped unharmed after the bear finally went back into the woods.

No comments: