Monday, May 19, 2008

so, it's just us....

well this is cozy.. i kinda like it better. no pressure to make other people happy. if you all don't like it, it's you own fault for reading :)
just playing.
so let's see, where did I leave off? Last week was SOOOO much better for work. totally away from the creepy cell mate and have now moved up to cubical world. But, to be completely honest, I love my cube, (it's really a rectangle, but who's counting?)
I was talking to Whitney about it and telling her that i really liked small spaces, so i don't mind cube life at all. And then she reminded me that that is probably why i liked to sleep in the closet and rest in my 'fort' that was under the coffee table.. loved it!!!
so, i need some decoration or a plant or something that can live in low to no outdoor light. but for now, i love it.
so, that made the week go by pretty smoothly. Thursday we went to venue called the Bluebird for a "virtual concert. Basically last year at the String Cheese Incident concerts at red rocks were the last for the band "for the unforeseeable future" (the band wasnt people to think they didn't break up.. so the explanation)
so, they filmed the last two shows and put them together as one long 3 hour movie of the shows. They use the sound system in the venue, so it sounded pretty good. The movie was good, all music, which is what we wanted. but not too many crowd shots. BUT, when we were about to leave, at the end, a friend came up to me and asked it i saw myself. which i didn't but he said that it was a big picture of me and was totally me.. too bad i didn't see it, as like i said there wasn't many crowd shots, so i would be happy to know i made it in. :) Too bad they are not selling it as a DVD, or i would get it, I mean I'm in, why not... but they may release it after it makes it's way across the country.. (actually i think the movie tour is almost over, so maybe sooner than later.. ) exciting.
Friday i went to the vet, watson is doining awesome on his new pain meds and is running and sometimes even jumping for the ball.. not bad for a 9 year old dog with bad hips.
Gyoza on the other hand is having some issues. I think she has a kidney infection, her pee smells so bad) and so we got some antibiotics and i think she is getting a little better.. (pee didn't smell so bad this morning) and she got a lump in her ankle tested and it has some cancer cells so it needs to be taken out. Tuesday's is my vets surgery days, so we are going in on tuesday to have it removed. She also has some really bad teeth, so they are going to clean them while she is out and since there is like at least one that is loose, they will probably end up pulling it. poor girl, getting old...but it will be all good when it is over.. i am just glad to know that the lump will come out. that makes me feel better.
I just asked around my new office space and they are all ok with me bringing in watson to keep me company tomorrow. I think we will both want to be near each other.

Saturday, we just did a whole bunch of nothing. I got a new Sims video game, Sims 2, so i played that all weekend.. (can't wait to get home today and play too) and jeff helped me with some of the cheats and just basically knowing what to do.

Then sunday we did some cleaning around the house, invited a friend to go to the museum with us and did that.. it is an impressionists exhibit that is ending next week, so we wanted to see it one more time before it goes. That was fun. saw some other art and came home. Then jeff and our friend,(jeff) worked on our sprinkler system and i mowed the back yard. what great exercise. But we weren't sure if we had enough gas to get the whole yard done (as it is kinda big) but like i told jeff (and can now say on here because it's private) that it reminded me of the Jewish people and their lamp oil, didn't think we had enough and it lasted though the whole time..
hehehe.. but i did it all, no good designs as i was just trying to get done before we ran out of gas, so designs will start with the next mowing.

gives me time to decide what to do.

So, the rockies won another... oh this is funny, because we are loosing so much, we won two in a row this weekend and the sports casters were actually calling it a streak. come one, i think you need to sting together more than two wins. but we are still going through pitchers like last weeks underwear. and no one can stick it but a few. Tulo is still on the injured list and now Holiday had a sprained back. great..
I have been seeing that the Indians were doing well until the mets (who have not won but like a couple games) beat them.. sorry....
and i saw a highlight of another unassisted triple play, first one since Tulo did his last year.

Very excited for our vacation day next week.. I think an extra day off is going to rock... and for those of you counting, yes, it will be PERFECT timing, if you know what i mean!!!

we were browsing around the Big lots the other day and decided to hit up the goodwill type store next door.. I ended up at the book section and found a "what to expect...." and a few others.. as i was just looking around, jeff found me and showed me a book he had picked up "child birth without fear" well we ended up getting them both, and a baby signing book (as we want to teach the baby to sign when they can) and there was something else.. can't remember.. but i have to say that you can't tell that we are anxious. count down has begun and there is only about 4 beers left in the fridge....:)

Oh yeah, we also went to the grocery finally.. been a while, so it is fun to have a third grade lunch today. (pb&j, chips, fruit cup and choc pudding (sugar free) :)
I hope i can get some playground time too.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

So am I the only one here now???

Who else has been invited to your little piece of the world?