Monday, May 28, 2007

oh what a night...


I can get used to these long weekends. It didn't pan out exactly like i thought, but I got a few things done. Friday i came home early- see previous post for why. It was a pleasant evening and then to bed. Saturday a friend came over and we went to eat Mexican. LOVE IT!!! i had the vegi fajitas. love the sizzle. Then we came back home. I immediately put on some shorts, a t-shirt and grabbed the ladder.

I mentioned before that we have gotten a lot of rain. Well the windows right above my television screen show a waterfall off the roof when it rains. The gutters needed to be cleaned, badly. So i climbed up, my boyfriend got the hose and we cleared out about three years of nasty smelling black goo. And now they sparkle :).. i popped open a beer and enjoyed the success of getting something done. Later that day we went up to a friends house in Rollinsville. It is about an hour drive up the mountains. It is the area where both my boyfriend and i lived before deciding we could get more work in the city. So we still have friends up top. We grilled out, ate a baked potato that i have been craving for a few days and watched a movie. We were supposed to go to see a band, but all of us crapped out. Jeff and i just came home.

Sunday was full of doing nothing. I planted some patch grass seed, and sunbathed while jeff messed in the garden. Today is much of the same. I love days like these. I havent changed out of my pajamas. I was thinking about going for a walk to get myself bikini-ready, but opted for the beer i am drinking and the book i am about to go in the backyard and read.
Happy Memorial Day. Bring Our Troops Home NOW!!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

sounds like much the same as us!! We are so alike. Bikini ready? I haven't been bikini ready since high school!!