Friday, May 25, 2007

Will it go 'round in circles

So, it has been raining a ton out here. This is kind of rare. My boyfriend and I were talking yesterday that this time last year, we had a lot of brown patches that needed nursing, and we had the water bill to prove it. But this year, the 2 feet of snow that stuck around all winter, with new piling on week after week coupled with the great rainfall we have had has turned our backyard into a green expanse. With that great carpet of greenness, we also have to manicure it. Well since i was a kid i was convinced that my father had children to do chores he didn't want to do, thus i grew up not minding to cut the lawn. (i also figured that because i grew up in the south east, i now, in my older years, don't mind shoveling show, but that is for a different season). This spring i have had to cut the lawn more then last. I get bored going up and down or side to side, so a few mowing-s ago i started patterns. (only in the backyard, the neighbors like the boring stripes) So i did diagonals- and then the other way. Last week i did criss-crosses (not the most efficient way to do it as you leave little triangles that you then have to go back and do). So, after my commute home yesterday with too many morons driving to count, i cracked a beer and sat outside playing ball with my dogs (and yes, rottweilers do play fetch). The grass was long and we have one picky dog (husky-Malamute-wolf) that doesn't like to walk on the grass when it gets too long.. She is weird, we never claimed she wasn't) so after noting that she was about to pee on the porch i pulled the mower out in to the lawn and looked at my canvas. The song "will it 'round in circles" came into my mind and i started mowing.
I cant figure out how to add pictures, but i see that all of the other bloggers have them, so it cant be too hard. So, as soon as i figure it out, i will show my circles.. It looks pretty cool.
Now, if the rain will hold off a few days as i need to think of a new pattern. I am up for suggestions.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

When writing your entry click on the "picture" button on the top. It will bring up a window where you can add the picture.

I wanna see these circles!!
Do they look like crop circles?

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Enjoyed reading your blog. Can't wait to see the pictures. Have a good one.
Laura