Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't make me pinch you...


WOW, that was a good weekend.. Did a whole bunch of nothing while getting some stuff done.
Friday my boyfriend and I totally blew off a friend's birthday party and stayed home to watch TV. Neither one of us really wanted to go but we felt obligated, but then we decided that we didn't have to be obligated we felt better and stayed home. I can rationalize anything. But it was good to stay in, do nothing and hit the sac early.
Saturday i had envisioned a day of getting stuff done around the house. I had one quick errand to run to the fabric store to find some batting, but had to measure my blanket first. So, my boyfriend moaned and groaned all the way to the living room to help me measure my creation. (it's really big and I couldn't really do it on my own.. shut up, it's hard to add sometimes.) And he promptly told me about how much he didn't want to leave the house and was so tired. So, I say fine, get ready to go to the fabric store and suddenly he is back in the bedroom putting on his clothes and ASKING ME to go with him.. There was a good sale at Rite Aid (i shit you not) that got the man out of the house.

So, to make a long story short(er) I got bribed by a trip to the outlet stores (about 20 minutes south of town) to go with him to an Easter Egg hunt for kids at a local park. he had to take pics for the newspaper he works at. We went to the hunt because i have been trying to get the the outlet mall for about a year, so i was a sucker for the trip from the beginning and he knew it. Funny how men take advantage of our weaknesses. Shopping at the outlets will always get me, I admit. The kids were cute but the parents are pathetic. I mean this is for the kids, we all know that but the parents are crazy.. They are all screaming at their kid to get the "toys and prizes" that are on the ground, but mostly all the kids want are the eggs. So the parents are screaming to clueless 3 year olds that are just running around, dropping their eggs, spilling their baskets, stealing eggs from unsuspecting other clueless 3 year olds. Then don't even get me started about making these poor clueless kids get their picture taken with a four story (from their perspective) while rabbit that walks on two legs and has very large teeth. I mean their very own parents hand them over to a perfect stranger, you can't even see this person's eyes; and you say, here is my child, have them so i can take a picture. The kid starts screaming, every one laughs and this kid is terrified. Barrel of laughs..so anyway....

Then when the field is picked clean, the families spread out and check out the loot like they were having a picnic, at 10 o'clock in the morning.. Read me in a few years and I will have a story about cute little johnny picking up eggs and getting their picture taken with the easter bunny, but for right now, i think it is silly..

Then we ran out of the event and speed to Denny's because all these egg picking families are going there for breakfast and we wanted to beat the rush. Which they did and we did. More discussions about how we don't want to be "typical parents" at breakfast....but i am not sure that is possible. again, read this in a few years and tell me what a hypocrite i am or how i was talking out my ass. I will be ok with it.. (not really~ so don't press your luck).

The just as I thought we were on our way to spending my hard earned cash, we make an exit off the highway. I am then informed that there was some building projects that my boyfriend was doing a story on and that we need to go get some more pictures, oh yeah, and I had to drive.
(i should have known that one easter egg hunt was not enough collateral for a trip to the outlets.) So, around neighborhoods, in and out of parking lots and construction sites. Stopping and waiting, going and stopping. 30 minutes more and then we were back on the highway.

I saw the sign and just about pee-ed in my pants we had made it to Mecca, we had made it to the Outlet Mall.. here's what i got:
Border's bookstore - one dish suppers and 1,000 quilt blocks books
Jockey- Sweat suit/jogging suit (black with white stripe)
Leggs/Hanes- 3 pair of softest socks in the world- that's what they're called.. they are awesome
Pets Supplies- New KONG, bath soap for Watson, and new leashes and collars for both dogs. (everything was 50% off.. seriously.)
Gap- new jeans
That's about it... and we went to Rite Aid, of course..:) spent some cash there too..
Saturday night we did nothing but watch TV.. my favorite. and i salivated over some quilt blocks that i wanted to make.

Sunday I went to the fabric store.... when measuring the blanket the day before we found that no two sides are the same length, so i need some help fixing it. Of course there was no one there that was a sewing expert, so i have to come back.
then my next stop was (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) Great Clips.. yup mom, you read that right. I got my hair cut. Nothing special, it just isn't down to my belt anymore. Cute shorter cut, just below my shoulders..
Then i went home, made some chicken chowder from my new cookbook in the slow cooker and made some blocks from my quilting book. Did anyone happen to see CBS Sunday Morning?? Well they had a story on this quilter guy and his work was very inspiring to me.
That was my weekend, thanks for asking..
I also have to tell you all something.. well, here's how it went down.
I entered the building. There he stood.
Quietly i said "I don't know how to tell you this, but i have been doing a lot of thing and i think we need to talk.
He looked concerned and asked me to have a seat. I told him that i had been trying to make it work for me the last few weeks, but it has gotten to the point that i couldn't pretend any longer and that i thought it was time to end our relationship.
He asked if there was anything that he could change to convince me to change my mind and I just looked down and said no. I had made up my mind, and that it was best for both of us this way.
Then he said. "no problem ma'am" and handed me the paperwork.
I felt better, not to mention richer... I spent too much money on this relationship that was not working.
So, i will tell you all that i have officially broken up with my gym.
Fat and flabby 35 here i come. :)

Now a few tidbits that you can use to make yourself seems smarter~

Today is St. Patrick's Day, a national holiday in Ireland. The World’s Shortest St. Patrick’s Day Parade is held in Maryville, Missouri. The parade route gets shorter every year, down now to about 85 feet (816-562-9965).

Today is National Green Beer Day in Ireland and Green River Day in Chicago.

Today is Campfire USA Day, marking founding of Camp Fire Girls on March 17, 1910.

Today is Freedom of Information Day, when he nation's libraries celebrate the people's right to know (to mark President James Madison's birthday on March 16).-

Today is Save the Panther Day in Florida.

Today is Act Happy Week and Spring Fever Week begin today.

1967: The cover of Life magazine carried a picture of Snoopy and Charlie Brown.

1991: In its first dress code change since the 1960s, Brigham Young University announced that students could wear knee-length shorts and go sockless.

1999: At a restaurant in Schererville, Indiana, an intoxicated man, angered by a slow-flushing toilet, pulled out a pistol and shot it. Several times. Police said no one was injured, but the toilet was destroyed.

1999: A Chinese illegal immigrant was given a year in jail for breaking into a Hong Kong home and eating an expensive pet turtle. Though the normal burglary sentence was three years, the judge assessed a lighter sentence because the defendant pleaded guilty, didn't steal anything else, and claimed he was really hungry. He left two smaller turtles unharmed.

2005: Several major league baseball players told the U.S. Congress steroids were a problem in the sport.

2006: A U.S. appeals court ruled that the Environmental Protection Administration cannot exempt older power plants and refineries from the Clean Air Act, voting unanimously against the Bush administration's interpretation of the law.

A very happy Monday and St. patty's day to you.
I hope you all remembered to wear green... or i WILL pinch you...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow, okay, I don't know where to start. First you did very well breaking up. It is a hard thing to do but in the end you didn't take him back and I am proud of you for that.

Two, Now I know how to light a fire under your guy's butt, "hey bud...sale at Rite Aid!!!"

Three, did you get me anything from the outlet store?

Four, Mecca is HERE not there, HERE! It is where the McDonalds is where you can run in pee and get another coke on the way to Potomac Mills Mall for marathon Turkey Day shopping!

Five, You weren't born in 1967! so the peanuts thing didn't happen in your life time.

Six, Save the panther day? Who made that up in Florida? Weirdos!

Last, you are a great blogger!@!! I totally enjoy reading it every day.

barefoot317 said...

thanks Sis!!!
and the Peanuts, well i just had to add it, i am thinking about doing another mosiac puzzle that is snoopy and chucky brown, so it was fresh on the mind..
:)