Tuesday, March 11, 2008

What are you going to do, spoon me to death?

Now, i just gave myself a chance to get on the google search trends. (http://www.google.com/trends/hottrends?q=rate+my+cop&date=2008-3-11&sa=X)
I tend to watch this everyday because, to be honest, i am stunned by how Howard Stern (not the Anna Nicole one) has such influence over our society. You may not be aware, but a lot of friggen people listen to Howard, me included. So, i will listen on my way to work, see who, what, they are chatting about and then come in and check the google trends. Since i live in the Mountain time zone, by the time i listen, everyone to the east has already heard it, so the trends are easy to see. Most times the searches are for the chicks he has on, or the politician they were talking about or to. But it amazes me.
But it is a cool site. you can track the top trends (they list the top 100) or you can compare two subjects to see which is getting more hits and when.. well, i just say check it out..
So, yesterday it was great, out of the top 20 searches the NY governor and prostitution sting were 16 searches. funny...
But today "What are you going to do, spoon me to death?" has been the top search for most of the morning. I guess it is from a Ben Stiller movie that i have not seen, but what i can't figure out is why so many people are searching this one phrase, AND what are they expecting to find on the internet? Examples for being spooned to death? so my personal quote that i say at least 50 times a day "people are weird!!!!"

Got some nugget tickets for tomorrow night. (that is our basketball team in Denver.. geez) We are taking our best friend for his birthday (ok, it was last week, but at least i remembered some time). I like watching A.I and Mello play together. good match ups.

Had softball practice yesterday. I didn't seriously hurt anyone, just some minor pitching errors. that's all. But for the most part i think i did ok. Especially for not holding a bat or ball in about 10 years. (ok 15 but shut up)... my butt hurts from squatting. I am guessing that i don't squat very often in my daily life. That's gunna have to change.. I hurt to sit and stand back up..and of course every time i do i have to make the comment 'oh, my butt hurts". You can imagine how popular i am with my co-workers.

Today is pretty lame compared to yesterday. I mean no water on the head during my shower, we replaced the shower head so it was a rather uneventful shower this morning.

Here are some things that will make today a little bit more special
(1) today is oatmeal-nut waffle day. (not really a big fan, I don't really like anything with nuts in it. brownies, cookies, fudge, ice cream etc- but no reason for you not to indulge.
(2)Today is organize your home office day (thank god i work at work, no reason to lift a finger when i get home)
(3)
today is National Debunking Day, a day to debunk rumors and myths.
(um.. ok...)
(4)
today is Independence Day for Lithuania. (The Grateful Dead sponsored the 1996 Lithuanian Basketball team for the Olympics. I got to go to a game that they played because i was working and living in Atlanta at the time, It was cool because their warm up suits were tie-dyed and they all had small black bands on their jerseys for Jerry. I also got a t-shirt for myself. It is a tie-die with a basketball with the steal your face in it going though a basketball hoop)
(5) Today is Worship of tools day (depends on what you consider a tool, i guess- most tools i know, i don't want to worship)
(6) today is 31 days from Warship me day. (31 days until my birthday- first of a three night panic run and being able to drink Bells beer)


1986: NFL owners voted to use instant replays for the 1986 football season. The practice was discontinued in 1991, then brought back in 2000.

1993: After he was robbed of $20.00 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, the victim asked for his wallet back. The nervous mugger handed over his own wallet by mistake, then ran. The thief’s wallet contained $250.00.

1994: Actress Melanie Griffith filed for divorce from actor Don Johnson.

1997: Queen Elizabeth II knighted rock musician Paul McCartney.

1998: The International Astronomical Union reported that a mile-wide asteroid could collide with Earth on October 26, 2028. The following day NASA said there was no chance of the asteroid hitting earth.

2002: England's Plymouth University became the first school in the world to offer a degree in surfing. Surfing head Dr. Colin Williams said the degree in surf science and technology would come from the same intellectual mould as golf course studies and car showroom management.

Silly Stat: According to one study, seven percent of dog owners have had at least one birthday party for their dog and invited other dogs.

3 comments:

coffeejunkie79 said...

On KROQ (a Los Angles based radio station) today, the morning radio personalities were talking about the quote "What are you going to do, spoon me to death?" and trying to remember what movie it was from. Listeners (in an attempt to help out) have spent the whole morning trying to figure it out as well. That is why there are so many searches. :)

barefoot317 said...

AHH, that explains it..
Thanks:)

Whitney said...

Worship not warship. You sound like you are going into battle.

Off to plant peas!