Thursday, March 06, 2008

Not Monday, but not quite friday...

Middle of the weeks blues?? Sorry I can't help you.. But I have found something that makes me weep with joy. There is a big brother live feed blog. Someone actually takes the time to blog about what is going on in the BB house all day.. live. Ok, that is nuts, but i am glad someone is doing it. $14.00 is too much for me to pay to CBS to watch them. Now i don't have to wait or guess, I can read the BB9 blog.
Yeah, as i have said to my sister many times today. I am sad.. Very sad..
But not as sad as my Budders has looked the last few days. I don't know if i have said anything, but his eyes appear to be very dry and they look like they hurt him so today we are gearing up and going to the vet. I have not taken him to the doc in a while so it is time, but i know it is going to cost me more than i want to spend. (which is nothing, really.) but he is my best friend, so i am going to get him help. poor guy.. Our appointment is in about an hour and a half, so i will be leaving work early (oh, boo) to take him. Then it is off to the gym to get in some running (ok, walking slow on the treadmill, but i wanted you all to think i was in better shape- but if you read this enough you will know that i am nothing but a couch potato waiting for my reality programming to begin, so who am I kidding) and then home for SURVIVOR!!!
I am almost done with the top of my patch work blanket. I am starting to make the boarder and then i have to attach it, put the batting on, then the backing, then sew it all together, end it off with some silky stuff around the edges and i am done. So with all those tasks, i can say that i should be done about.. oh, I don't know. next christmas :)
only 6 complete shopping weeks until my birthday.. hint, hint...
And now your daily dose of things you didn't need to know.
(1) Today is southern draw day.. Oh my gowd, I had no idea... I love the southern accent. Mine only comes out when i have had a few these days.. Lived away from the south for too long i guess)
(2) Today is National Chocolate Cheesecake day. (again, like pound cake, I don't need a celebration day to eat Choc. cheesecake..)
(3) Today is independence day in Ghana, Wonder why they don't just call it March 6th, like we do July 4th (ok, I wont get started on that pet peeve again until this next July.. so, stayed tuned)

and then this is just gross... I don't eat beef, but i am sure the same can be said of ground turkey or chicken. who knows...
Q: In studies reported in the Johns Hopkins Health Insider, how much of the ground beef sold at supermarkets was contaminated with salmonella or other bacteria: (a) 16%; (b) 36%; or (c) 66%?
A: 66%. Cooking until the juices run clear destroys the bacteria.

and last but not least snack for Thursday is.................................
You guessed it, Cheesecake. and the receptionist didn't even know it was National Chocolate Cheesecake day.. weird..
Well off to the vet, have a great day..

No comments: