Thursday, June 05, 2008

Gotta let me know you were here...

So, now that this is a private blog, there is no and I mean NO REASON why you all can't comment on my posts.. Something like "you are so cleaver" or "it makes my day to read a new post from you, the best blogger out there" or something to that affect.. I mean it won't kill you will it?

Alright, since you asked i will let you know what is going on with my Sims Family. So, I now have to help this older man get a promotion in the political career he is in. What that means is you have to have the specific qualities up like this one needs at least 8 points in logic (you can play chess or stargaze through a telescope to get logic points) then you need like 7 creativity,( so you can paint, play piano or guitar and things like that to get creativity points) and I think he needs like 8 charisma points. And the only way to get that up is practicing talking in a mirror. Well i got all those covered and some even higher than what is required, but the tricky part is getting his friendship numbers up. Each other Sim you can socialize with and gain social points with them. the higher the points the closer friends you are.. and My older man, needs 10 friends to advance in his career.. So that means calling people, asking them to come over and hitting them up for friendship.. basically I have found that if you invite someone over, they come within 10 seconds. I don't know what the transportation is like in Sims land, but it is fast... When they get there, you have to greet them or they will just go away. so you greet them, then they immediately go to the bathroom... I don't know why they couldn't have waiting an extra 30 seconds to pee and poo at their own homes, but they don't and they go directly to the restroom.. So, if you don't keep an eye on the guest, they will disappear where ever there is a computer and start playing their own sims game and then you can't get them to do anything.. who knew...
But i have a 6 man hot tub that i invite them to chill in with me and chat them up a bit. You can easily get about 10 friendship points from just that.. You need 40 for them to be your friend and more to be good friends. But as i found out the hard way, once you choose to take the relationship in any direction, the other sim will stay in that route.. ok like for example, i was chatting up another dude, and accidentally pressed the Kiss action instead of tell joke or compliment. Well the other sim was into it and kissed me back. Now he comes over all the time, with out being invited and when he sees me, he gets this heart shaped smiley face in his thinking cloud.. very weird...
So, that is what i am doing...Oh, so say you get a person to about 40, maybe 41, 42 and they leave, mostly becuase they are hungry, (so to make them stay longer you have to offer them food as soon as they get out of the bathroom when they first arrive.. but anyway. the next morning, if you don't call them, they will go down a point or two, and they are no longer considered a friend...
So I already have 5 perminat friends that i live with, and have to make 5 more, but it is soooo hard ot make and keep friends. Must be why i don't have any and have to play sims to live through their lives.. pretty sad... but no, i am not quitting the game until i get to complete it.. and I think this is the last guy that has manditory goals to accomplish, then there are a bunch of secondary goals...
I thought you needed to know all this, yes...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I tried reading this out loud to mom tonight and couldn't do it. I kept laughing too hard. I was crying at the part where you talk about the accidentally kissing the guy. Oh here I go again. Can't see to type anymore...

Candace said...

Hey Jenn,
Whitney was laughing and crying, I hope she did not pee in her pants. I can't believe what a time you are having with friends, especially the peeing kind. You are too funny.
Candace