Monday, June 23, 2008

The Weekend Update...

With your friend Garry Gnue..
So this weekend was great.. I say that because as you mostly remember, i was pretty stressed out last month and to be honest, I stopped dreaming.. Isn't that strange.. but i was having trouble sleeping and so I had tried some sleep agents to help me stay in bed all night and not be a grumpy mess the next day (but always seemed to be grumpy anyway. But they tend to put you asleep but not really a restful sleep. So anyway, it took me a few nights to get used to sleeping without the aid, and now i am getting better, more restful sleep and actually wake up feeling more refreshed than when I took a sleep aid.. But i have been dreaming again, with means, I think, that my brain can file everything it needs to file to make the next day less stressful and so on, until you can have some relaxing time and no stress. Well I am sleeping and dreaming and everything.. and in return feeling much better...
So, Friday night we went to a friend's place to get plans for panic this weekend set in stone and know that everyone has their time and places to be.. very good.. and catch up with all these folks that popped out kids over the last 12 months.. crazy how many little children were at this party... I guess we will be the next to add.. Seems everyone has one at least and some are already working on number two.. Yeah, sticking with the one kid plan for now..
So, that was scary. seeing all these people that have gone into baby-land and have yet to return.. scary.. hope i can be different, but i am sure i wont be.. And even being with these people who we would consider friends, we still feel good about moving away and not feeling that we would be missing much.. I mean, I think we would still try to come back for Panic every so often, so we would see these people about as much as we do now, just have more interesting things to talk about besides, yeah, still working and living in the same place, doing mostly nothing, and still not calling these people, so what are we loosing??
Anyway, then was came home. Saturday we hung out and chilled for most of the day.. And jeff has been stressed at work lately, so it was good for both of us to not do much and decompress. WE did some running around and getting some errands done, then back home.. I spread out my new pool and started getting it together, but I didn't get the chemicals i needed so we had to wait for Sunday to put the whole thing together.. So Saturday, we watched some TV, had an early dinner and some Saturday Night Live (BARFFF) and to bed we go...
Then Sunday I awoke and checked my pool everything still looked good, so we proceeded with filling it and getting the pump on and connected.. So, I have to say that every step of this process, I have had my doubts. I mean i got the thing because it was on deep sale.. It was on sale for $49.99, then with a $20.00 rebate (that is in the mail as we speak- I would guess with my stimulus check) so, that made it easier to buy. But then i was skeptical about the chemicals when Whitney told me i would have to add them.. But i got those and they seem easy enough.. Then Jeff plugged in the filter when the pool wasn't full yet and it was SOOOO LOUD, that i was afraid after we got it up and running that we wouldn't want to use the filter because it was so loud. But we plugged it in when it was full and the thing is almost silent. So i was relieved about that too.. Then it was really cold, but this morning, it seemed a lot better.. So, slowly but surely i am getting into the pool thing.. It will be very refreshing this afternoon when i am through mowing the lawn.
Oh then yesterday afternoon, I went to wallgreens and saw a "deluxe lounge" float that was on sale. I got that, then on the way home i saw that the float itself has a $5.00 rebate also.. So, the raft was $9.00 and now a $5.00r rebate, that deluxe lounger is the deal of the century, as jeff put it!!!
So, with sleeping well, dreaming again and knowing that i have a cool summertime hangout, I am psyched.. Now i just need to get a TV stand (summer baseball watching) and a cooler for my beer and I am set!!! Now you know that if i don't answer the phone, it's because I am in the pool and can not be disturbed..
Oh, and don't worry, I will have jeff take some photos for you..

3 comments:

Renee said...

I certainly know what it feels like to be at a party and be the only couple without children. I got so upset at a Memorial Day party at the in-laws because everyone there either had kids or they were so old that they were their kids were making them proud grandparents! I swear!!! Geez - that pool sounds real nice...

Candace said...

Well I want to see some pictures of this pool, Jenn with a lounge and a beer. Great picture.
Fishlips

Whitney said...

Well well well, Candace comments on your blog but not mine. Hmmm...

Yeah, I wanna see pics of the pool too with that phatty phloat!!