Saturday, October 06, 2007

Always look on the bright side of life..

Hey, Great news. A Friend of mine that i used to see a ton of baseball games with is in town for the game tonight and he had an extra!!!! Yup, you read correctly!!! he had (i guess technically, still has) an extra for tonights game.
ok here's how it went, so earlier yesterday a different friend told me about this ticket give away on the Rockies website, so i entered. Long shot, but what the hey.. i'll try, I REALLY want to go to this game. So they say they will call you if you win sometime after noon yesterday. So I never answer my cell phone unless i recognize the number- side bar. So it was about 3:30. I am totally preoccupied with how i am going to get a ticket to even try to work, that my phone rings. It is a 303- number, meaning it is coming from Colorado. I don't know it, but maybe I won.. so this is the conversation.

Me- hello????
Voice- so, you really want to go to the game tomorrow night?
me- yeah.?.?....
Voice - well you are in luck, i have a ticket for you...
the i recognize the voice as my friend in Portland. and he tells me that his brother in law is coming to denver for business and was going to go with him, but he wasn't landing until about 8:30 saturday night, the game starts at 7:30 and the airport is at least an hour or two away when you consider getting luggage etc.
So he wont be able to make it and my friend had an extra!!!!
SO, I am in!!!!! and the best part, they are great seat!!!! section 107 in the right field above the small "out of town games" score board!!! I am PSYCHED!
GO ROCKIES!!!!

No comments: