Friday, December 21, 2007

Why oh why??


OK, tell me this. Why do people say "hey, let's not get each other gifts this year and do something special after the holidays" when they know darn well they are going to get a gift for that person anyway??
Last night my boyfriend and I were watching TV and i saw a commercial for something and said, that is neat. And that started the conversation about Christmas gifts. I said, I feel weird not giving each other a gift this year and he told me that he had some things to give me. When i asked him why he said not to give gifts and then goes and gets a gift he just said, well i couldn't not get it for you.
So now i am looking for a gift for him. We we're going to do this. If we were. i would have prepared as i have done every other year, but this one we said we weren't going to. UGH, men!!!!
I tell you. But if that is my biggest problem right now, i think i am doing ok.

The weather is turning here but i don't think we are going to get any snow in Denver proper. The mountains are getting hammered, but we really need it. So, i say bring it on.
I am very much looking forward to this weekend. I will be cleaning up all the crap we just dumped on the floor when we got back from Jamaica and have since been stepping over it this whole week. It is time to straighten up again. We are going out Saturday night, i think, but not tonight. I have to catch up on my TV shows.
Speaking of TV shows did you all see that Big Brother is coming to the winter line up on CBS. I can't even tell you how excited it am about that. This is one of my favorite shows and thought it stunk that it only was on in the summer. But now we get to watch more crazy people all winter too. SWEET!!!
I have completely stopped watching what i am eating now that i have a few months again to make sure i am in bikini shape by next summer. This morning my co-worker told me that he brought in some treats that his wife had made. I scooped up two peanut butter cookies with the Hershey's kiss on top and a real turtle. Well not "real" turtle, but the kind with no cookie, but only caramel and chocolate. YUM. I also got a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate squares from another co-worker. So, i am not going to deprive myself. Why should I. I will rejoin the masses at the gym come the first of the year. But i think i am going to go and just sit i the hot tub this weekend. Again, why not. I deserve it. I mean i type my little fingers to the bone all day (ok, sometimes all day- OK, sometimes a little a day) but i digress. I think a nice dip for me is in order. There's nothing like a dip in th community hot tub with sweaty old men. :)
enjoy that visual..

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Kenneth does that to me too. It is men I think...