Tuesday, February 05, 2008

And since we've got no pace to go, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Only got about two to four inches last night but it makes for getting to work to be a nightmare. I mean we live in Colorado people. If you don't have 4x4 you will slide, it will be hard to get up hills and you will cause traffic back ups and maybe even crashes. What are you thinking driving your CRX in four inches of icy snow? Just doesn't make sense to me.. So, i stayed home for a bit, just took my time getting ready and didn't rush and found that it was better a little later, but still heavy on the side roads. I just came back from a lunch time drive to see the condition out there and most of the main streets are black again.. no worries getting home tonight.
Most people will be caucusing.. (weird, didn't think that was a word, but spell check didn't underline it) I am not. I would like to, but i am not registered in this city to vote right now. I just have never gotten around to it since I moved to Denver. So i think i will get my driver's license changed soon to be sure i can vote in November. I never voted before i was 25, and now i will vote every time i can. I just think, no matter what your beliefs are you should voice them and work to make this a growing nation. I have been very embarrassed to be an American for the last 8 years and I really hope i have the opportunity to be proud.

That's about all going on on this side of the keyboard.
I just thought that maybe i didn't put the last of the puzzle up here yet.. I will check on that tonight.. I am very sorry t have kept you waiting.
I have started a new project with my new sewing machine and it is going great. I have 10 strips for my patchwork blanket sew. I only have about 20+ left. I looked ahead at the weekend on the calendar and I am so excited to see NOTHING written on it. We have been going somewhere and doing something every weekend for a while and I am glad that we have one all at home. We need to do some picking up and general cleaning, but above that i want to get my blanket really underway. I am afraid that i am going to run out of pre-cut patches that i have made and then some strips will be completely different, but i guess thats what patchwork blankets are all about. I will post a picture of the strips later this week.
That's all for now. check back for snack updates.
(yesterday we had individually wrapped Rice Krispy Treats).

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Can't complain if you don't vote!!

It is your civic responsibility to vote. It is part of participating in your government. That is what makes us a democracy, that the PEOPLE are running the gov't.

Don't need me to tell you that you need to vote.

At least I'm not mom saying, "I'm so disappointed in you." Man, that would shrivel me down to grains of sand growing up, still does actually. Shhh, don't tell her or she will use it more often.

Ha, I try to use it on my kids but they just look at me and ask, "does that mean that you are mad?" AHHHHHHHH

YES!!!!! It does!