Friday, February 01, 2008

Oh, kiss the mountain air we breathe

Good-bye it's time to fly.
Sparrow climb, the air is thinner,
Open wings cast this valley in the shade.


OK, I know i have used that one before, but seriously, can you blame me? it's a great song... But I am not only using those lyrics (to Surprise Valley by Widespread Panic) to celebrate my upcoming birthday shows that we got the last of the tickets we needed this morning. OR to use it because i am soo excited that we found this special deal on a room a the Affina Chicago Hotel. THEY HAVE A PILLOW MENU. No I am not kidding, you can pick what kind of pillow you want to sleep on. You can change it everyday if you want. I am going to start with the Buckwheat pillow and then maybe move on to the Swedish foam pillow, ending the weekend with a plush down pillow..:) I can't wait!!!!




But that is not the reason i was using this song and those lyrics. See last night my boyfriend and I were watching Celebrity Rehab on VH1. and after a commercial break, they came back to the show and the music they used was Surprise Vally by Widespread Panic. I looked at my boyfriend immediately and said "that's panic". We backed it up, turned it up and sure enough, i know my boys....
We were really enjoying watching the world series this past year (if you have been reading my blog for a while, then you may remember) not only because my team was playing but they would ALWAYS play panic going in and out of commercial breaks this past series. We even had friends that made World Series Set lists from the songs they played and at the end of what inning, too funny..

So, you never know where you are going to catch a tune to two.. keep your ears open.

I am glad it is Friday. I feel that i have to apologize for not updating everyday, but this was a complete no energy week and even less to say. so i didn't say much at all. Yesterday's snack was chocolate chip or M7M or sugar cookies. I didn't eat one and I even took Watson for a walk yesterday. getting exercise is good..
I'm out, have a great friday and weekend...
TTFN

No comments: