Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Summer Festival season

Well it is that time again. Time to decide what to spend our hard earned money on.. where in the country to travel and what bands to see. There are so many festivals in the summer and my boyfriend and I have been to a bunch. Bonaroo, Wakarusa, 10,000 Lakes, High Sierra and they are all great and very different in their own rights. This year, though the decision was made easy when the new kid on the block showed his little head with announcing act like Dave Mathews (not a big fan, but ok), WIDESPREAD PANIC, 311 (cool), Phil & friends (again, ok), PRIMUS (Meaning Friggen Les Claypool!!!!), Thievery Corporation, SN DOUBLEo DoubleP Do doubleG (that's right), Modest Mouse (ok, why not) and the Profit walking on Earth Michael Frante and Spearhead, Gov't Mule (meaning i will hear Soul Shine this year), STS9, the Biscuits. Well that is only a few... the list keeps going and doesn't really drop off in talent like a lot of festival line ups do. You know after the two headliners they are all second rate bands with no ties to them. well this is different. and not only are they giving us this great line up, they have a really great platform also.
Well the official name is Rothbury: a sustainable music festival celebrating music, art, and action. You can buy a "green ticket" that is an extra three dollars to help off set your carbon emissions for ticket printing. There are other ways they are helping the environment for this large scale event. Very exciting...
I suggest you check out the webste for more info: www. rothburyfestival.com
Buanother of the great things about this festival is that it is located on Lake Michigan really close to a town where i lived for a while with an ex before moving to Colorado. I am very excited to be able to go back to MI and see some old friends that i have not seen since moving away in 1999. But we don't have tickets yet (early bird tickets go on sale tomorrow). We are not sure if we are going to spring for it or not. I would want to camp VIP, so it is a bit more spendy. I did just get my tax refund back, but i need to repay my boyfriend for my plane ticket to Chicago in April for my birthday and panic shows. Not to mention hotel in Chi town too.. ouch!!
And for those keeping score, i am feeling MUCH better thank you for asking. Just little cough left, but that's deal-able.
Oh and snack time was the six cracker packets of peanut butter crackers, or cheese on wheat or lemon cookies or chocolate cookies or shortbread cookies, etc. I got a package of lemon cookies and brought them home to my boyfriend.
OMG~ gotta go, Big Brother is about to start!!!!
I love the fainting drama :)
Oh and you can click to the right side and check out any of my videos on my youtube channel. Check out the Vegoose festival montage. I am working on something more substantial, and it gets a little cut at the end, but it is a fun little ditty..
be looking for more from 10,000 lakes 2006.


No comments: