Tuesday, September 04, 2007

If it looks like rain....

Happy September everyone.. Today is the 4th, but who's counting..
So, we are only days away from the full on Autumn season. Time to put the bathing suits away, the swimming pool gear and all the hoses for grass watering.
I like this time of year. Fall and Spring are my favorites. I think in the Spring you are just waiting for the first day of not wanting to wear your jacket and for the Fall i am just itching to pull it back out. (or maybe spring for a new one)
Well before we get into cold weather talk, lets talk about Labor day weekend..
Hope everyone had a safe one.
Mine was a little less than desired, but i wanted to get the sofa cleaned and do my laundry and both those things did get accomplished. As well as my least favorite task in the world. See my boyfriend delivers this music magazine around Denver every friggen month. he gets a little money for it, but not much. So, every month i get roped into driving him around so it is easier for him to get in and out of the car and not having to park legally to make the drops.
It is my least favorite task because all the deliveries are in pain in the ass places and it usually intales me making a wrong turn, getting yelled at and then cussing in my head for the rest of the trip.
Well this month, we stretched it out to three days of delivering. By the second day i was SOOOO over it. but we were going to see a band that i don't like that night at Red Rocks. If you have read any other of my posts you would know that i am kind of sick of that venue. and especially now. So, we did the deliveries, i got yelled at and we went to the show. Well dont you know that it rained from the frist second we stepped foot in the venue (no, you cant re-enter) and didnt stop for over an hour. I had some rain gear, but it was all water resistant, not water proof, so i got wet. and cold and was even crying at one point that i didn't even want to be there, hated the band and way over the venue. Needless to say it stopped and the band did play. i didn't like it and will be sure to remember that before i get a free ticket. so, yes, even with a free ticket i will not be seeing them again.
So, here i sit at work, with my throat getting scratchy, coughing more regularly than this morning and feeling like i could take a long sleep..
so, off to rest and see you all tomorrow
Snack time was Otter Pups, the frozen tubes of sugar water.. i had a cherry. figured the sugar would help me though the rest of this day.

No comments: