Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Look at what the cat dragged in....

So, i wasn't sure what i was going to write about today. I can tell you that there is a guy here at work that likes to sing crappy songs so they get stuck in my head and today it is that Cold December song. As i am typing this it is playing in the background in the dub room UGH!!!!

ok, so i was emailing with my sister this morning and asking what to write about on my blog and her suggestion was kitty cats. At first i was taken a back because i don't fully like cats. No offense to all those feline lovers out there, but i am not one of them. I am a dog girl though and though.
The first thing that came to mind is "i wonder if there is anyone on the planet left that calls them pussys? i mean, that isn't the best word to use to todays vocabulary, but pussy cat always made me chuckle. I think my dad would call them that at times, but not often and not since my sister and i had become teenagers. Just not appropriate any more.

Then a few minutes ago, i was sitting here at work, wishing that is horrible song would end, and the IT guys were talking about something and one said to the other, "if you do that i think Paul is going to shit kittens". Now that made me laugh and the visual is great. We both said that we would love to see that on YouTube... funny...

I grew up with a cat named Spice. He was a good cat. My mom had a story of when we lived in an old house, spice would knock on the upstairs bedroom window in the night to be let in. One night, she went to the window and let the cat in except it wasn't the cat that came in but an Opossum... seriously!!!! i was very young, but i know the story well... One more reason not to own a cat.

And the last cat story i have is that my boyfriend had a cat when we first got together. He was a good cat and i didn't have any problems getting along with the cat. It actually acted more like a dog and the dog that we have that lived with the cat acts more like a cat, but i digress. So, one night, he let the cat out like normal, but didn't hear his asking to come back in. that was the last we saw that Mr. Kitty, I was starting to call him Mr. Chuckles. maybe he didn't like it.

It cracks me up when you see "Missing Cat" posters up in the mountains. are you kidding me??? If that cat didn't come back that night, it is gone. No one took it, no one is housing it and waiting to see your poster. There are mountain lions, coyotes and bears; common, if you think your little pet kitty lasted more than one second after being spotted by any of these animals then you are delusional. sorry..

the moral of the story is Colorado is not the best state to own a cat. and there you have it, sis...
:)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Good job Jenn! Except that Spice was a GIRL! She was a good cat and acted more like a dog than a typical cat. She used to hunt and would bring home mice and birds and such. Usually we would get a "gift" from her on the gift giving holidays like Christmas and such. Like she knew this is what you do on this day, bring a gift.

LOL with the "shitting kittens"!!