Thursday, September 13, 2007

waiting is the hardest part.

So, i flew back west on Tuesday night. I got to the airport in Richmond and all was good. I was sad to say good bye to my mom and step-dad, but i know they will be out visiting me soon.
I got to Chicago. got some McDonald's because i was starving and didn't want mancu wok. I got my food, found my gate and had a seat. The board was showing the flight on time to leave at 9pm. With in a few minutes a saw a few people get up and start walking around. I looked at the board again and the time had changed to a departure time of 9:35. Not too bad since it was getting closer to 8PM at this point. I figure a few more minute was all it was.
I started watching Flushed Away. Cute movie by teh makers of Wallis and Garamet, which i love. So, i thought it was getting close to start hearing the boarding procedures. I looked at the board again and the flight was changed to a 9:55 boarding time. Ok, more delays but not getting upset yet. I got tired of the movie, and decided to take a walk to get my blood flowing again.
when i got back from my jaunt to gate H10 and back, the time had changed again. this time 10:00.
Well the airport lardy came on the loud speaker and said, we are going to try to board you in about 10 minutes but maintenance is looking over the plane. Not what you want to hear when about to take this large piece of metal into the air.
About a half a second later a maintenance person shows up, talked to the airport lady and then returns down the jet way. This didn't look good either.
We were finally told that we would be leaving from another gate, in another terminals and to go there now. When we got to the new gate, we were told that we would be boarding in 30 minutes.
So for a flight that was supposed to take off at 9pm, we finally left the airport at 11PM.
ugh.

No comments: