Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank God it's... friday....

I have been waiting for this day all week. I feel that i need some time off and a good sleep.
So, last night we went to an event is the swanky part of town where my boyfriend works. This area is specifically covered in the newspaper he edits, so we went to get some good pictures for them to use in the paper.
The event was a "taste of greenwood village" and boy do they have a ton of great restaurants and stuff. I had one of the best seafood enchiladas i have ever tasted. Even had real crab meat in it, not the imitation crap.. i mean crab.- slip of the finger..:)
but this was really great. We had some awesome sushi, really good BBQ shrimp that my boyfriend had. I didn't get any because it was wrapped in bacon, but it looked really great.
We also were looking down the silent auction stuff and saw that there was a pub that we have been to once and had a very good meal. Well they were auctioning off a $50 gift certificate. The bid was at $30, so my boyfriend scribbled $35 at the last minute and we got it.. It is very close to his office ad at least twice a week he has to work really late. Since he is the cook of the house, when he works late, we dont eat well, so this way, i can go meet him at this pub at least twice over the next few weeks and have some good dinner with out worry.. i like that.
Hey, did i tell you guys about a gift card that i found? well at my last job, for Christmas, my boss gave out King Sooper gift cards, *(that is our local grocery store). I have had this card floating in and out of my wallet for three years. I relocated it about 4 months ago and didn't think anything of it, I thought that maybe it had about $10 on it or whatever.... So, i finally had it in my wallet the other week when we went shopping. This shopping trip happened on the same paycheck at rent, so we were both kind of hurting for cash. When we checked out, i remembered the card and handed it over to the cashier. It was worth $25!!! we were both so excited. It is like finding free money.. can't beat that.

Next weekend my parents come to visit and i am jumping out of my skin excited. I can't wait to show them where i live, the city, the mountains, the little towns and my work place. I have seen them a lot this summer with the frequent and some times unplanned trips back east, but there is never too much visiting for me.
Ok, gotta get back to work.. look for some picture posts this weekend. I got a bunch of Flaming Lips i want to share and other photos that haven't made their way up here in a while. I used to post photos with every entry... well i will give you one good blast this weekend. Be on the lookout and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I am cooking for you today. More specifically, baking for your care package. I sure hope it can go on the airplane. That would be terrible if dad had to eat all the cookies before getting on the plane because they wouldn't let them bring them on the plane...ha ha ha (in that evil little voice)

barefoot317 said...

thanks so much and i can't wait to get them. My mouth is watering already.
love you!!!!