Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest,. it was the low spark of high heeled boys.


Well Widespread Panic announced their spring tour. As always i checked it out and was REALLY excited when i saw the the band will actually be playing on my birthday. I have waited my whole life to see a show on my birthday and here my favorite band is actually going to be picking up their instruments on that day.
My boyfriends birthday is on Halloween, so we are always seeing shows of his favorite bands on that day. I mean everyone and their brother are playing that day, so it just depends on how far you are willing to travel for the show. In years past we have gone to New Orleans, San Francisco, Virginia (well Hampton Colosseum) and i am sure many more that i am not remembering. Not to mention the number of years we have spent at the Filmore here in Denver for a show on his birthday. So, this is my year. My birthday is actually going to be on a Friday AND PANIC is playing in the continental United States.
We talked about it last night, and again this morning and i think i really want to go to Chicago. So, we are going to try to work it out.. I can't believe it and am so excited. Tickets (well pre-sale) go on sale tomorrow AM. I hope we get tickets.
I can't really think of a better way to turn 35 than with JB singing to me all night, and then again the next night and then again the next night...

More work has been done on the puzzle and it will be finished up tonight. that is a guarantee.
I am almost done... it looks really cool. I will put some close up shots up here to show you how hard it really is.

I am also starting a patch work quilt with my new sewing machine. I plugged it in last night, got the bobbin put in, threaded, then messed it up.... start over.. got it back in, threaded, messed up...started over.. --- please stop me if you've heard this one. If you have not then you have never tried to teach yourself how to sew. After frustrating my boyfriend, i took a few deep breathes and tried again. finally i got it going. and was able to move from page one to page two of in instruction booklet. look at me go.. Now i know how to 'end my seams' or what ever it is called and i am able to sew two patched together without them ripping apart right away.. VERY EXCITING..
So, my quilt that has been on hold for about four years is back on the forefront. I have some really cool ideas that i want to try when i get the hang of this project.
I can't wait to go home and sew while watching Wheel of Fortune.. (yeah, i am so an 80 year old in a 34.8 year old body :)
have a great tueday and as a dear friend says at the end of most of his emails...
PANIC ON!!!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Love the new machine!!