Thursday, April 24, 2008

Are we there yet???

Holy Cow, i am tirred and could use a nap..
Yesterday i went home and did what i told you all i was going to do. I slipped into my bathing suit, got the hose, the shampoo and a leash. Rounded up my two dogs and everyone got baths.
That was fun. My poor boy dog just looks sad when he gets wet and there is no swimming involved. He sits and hold his head about three inches off the ground and just looks sad. My girlie dog HATED every second of the bath and made sure that i got just as wet as she did...

After baths my by dog and i went for a walk, as i am still reaching my 10,000 steps a day.
We came home to tacos just about ready to be served. Couldn't have timed it better if i timed it. They were delicious.
Just as we were settling in to watch Big brother, my boyfriend check the wall calendar that is in the kichen and I head an "oh Shit". So i ask what? and he says. Kraftwerk is at the Fillmore tonight and I have tickets. It was 7pm. He rushed to the computer to check the start time of the band and it was slated to start at 8. I think we were both dressed in street clothes and out the door in about 10 minutes..(that with letting the dogs out, fixing a drink and making sure we had the tickets, wallets, IDs, etc) So we head down there. It was a good show. These guys were big in the 80s and are from europe. They are electronica, like old school style, so very minimal, but it was good.. Good to get out of the house too.
But boy am i getting old. after getting to bed kinda late, i am really in need of a nap. I will get my 10,0000 steps in, just after a good rest.
So, did you hear that that kid Orlando Brown, was found, and like i said, I am pretty sure it was just for publicity.. That sucks, I would have loved some story about getting nabbed by some street gang and tied up by his toenails and made to watch "That's so Raven" for hours on end. Much better story to me.
Rockies are getting used to giving the game up in the last innings lately. So far was have officially lost the last 4 games by having a crappy bullpen. that sucks..
And speaking of that we are playing the Cubbies again tonight.. boy could we use a win out here..
I am working on a story about these two journalists in Iraq that got kidnapped and then were eventually let go by some lucky circumstances.. what a crazy story, but it is making the day go by much faster. I like when i archive stories that are really interesting. I have to see a lot of Iraq footage that will never make it to mainstream and I can tell you it is NOT pretty. This is a better kind of story because i know it will not end in seeing some person's innards.
UMMMM, not that i made myself hungry, i better go see what is for snack.. Here are some interesting tid-bits to read while i am gone.

Today is Spring Cat Cleaning Day, a day to give your cat a bath. Be careful. (no thanks. Glad I did the dogs yesterday)

Today is National Teach the Children to Save Day.

Today is Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day, a day for children ages 8-12 to go to work with parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, adult cousins or friends. (or I think it should be called annoy your co-workers day)

Today is National Pigs in a Blanket Day. (Friggen yum!!!!)

Today is the First Day of Summer in Iceland.

Today is Martyrs Day in Armenia.

National Scoop the Poop Week begins today. (Maybe every week should be Scoop the Poop Week.)- I scoop everyday…

1981: The IBM Personal Computer was introduced.

1992: In London Terry Cole balanced 220 cigar boxes on his chin for nine seconds and a new world record.

1992: Singer David Bowie and fashion model Iman were married in a secret ceremony in Switzerland. The wedding wasn’t announced until more than a week later.

1994: Madonna visited the San Antonio Spurs locker room to congratulate David Robinson on his 71-point game. As usual, Robinson was gracious.

2002: Singer Jewel broke her collarbone and a rib when she was thrown from a horse.

2002: A family in York, England, celebrated having their pet rabbit Colin home after spending $1,457 on four operations and brain surgery to save his life. A stray cat attacked nine-month-old Colin and one bite penetrated his skull causing an abscess near his brain. The owners said their 8- and 10-year-old daughters were determined to save Colin. The brain surgery worked.

2003: The U.S. reported North Korea had claimed to have nuclear weapons.

2005: Pope Benedict-16 was formally installed as leader of the Roman Catholic Church in ceremonies at the Vatican

No comments: