Wednesday, April 16, 2008

the mind is a racing and I am not even in the lead.

That's how i feel today.. just a busy mind and no solutions coming to me AT ALL...
my boyfriend and i have a lot of things coming to a head at this time of year and so many things to weigh and discuss..
our lease is coming to an end at the end of June. We can stay where we are, if they don't raise the rent, for another year, 6 mos or we can totally find a new rental that will be in the price range of the house we are in now. We have been thinking of moving back to the east coast and are trying to gather all the info we can to make a wise decision about that. Houses is SO MUCH less expensive to rent and to buy, even if we move to the beach and that's what we are thinking. But to move means we have no jobs, (we both have steady incomes with consistent raises that we can see ourselves staying in) Moving is going to cost a TON.. just a Uhaul, i priced, will be about 1100 bucks.. and that doesn't include filling it with gas, at $4.00 a gallon- OUCH, and then moving with no jobs, we would need deposit for a house, rent, utilities hooked up, water turned on, trash arranged to pick up, all of which will cost money. And we have no savings as of right now, so we would have to find some serious lottery tickets to make that happen.
Today i made up a chart to mark the pros and cons on for moving or not moving.. we will see how that gets filled up in the next few days and weeks to see what we come up with.
WE also want to try to become pregnant in the near future, but we don't know how that will effect a move or if it will be better in one place than another.. etc.. and the baby issue brings about it's own set of stresses.


Other than that. I am fighting the allergies that come around this time of year. I never got allergies when i lived in other parts of the country, but i am being attacked by the aspen trees i think. They are all in pollen mode and it makes me feel like i have a cold. UGH, I picked up some Zyrtec today, because i have tried Allegra last night and it did NOTHING and have tried Clearitin before and it was worthless too. I think this zyrtec is working though, I can at least breathe through my nose and that is a big improvement over the last 24 hours.

So, 81 in denver yesterday and it is going to snow here today. That's colorado in the spring time for you. Never the same day twice.. at least we have sun until the snow comes later this afternoon. The mountains already look dark, so it's a coming.

I have a free burger from Red Robin coupon that i have to use soon from my birthday AND a cold stone creamery coupon too, for a free sundae. I am going to check the website and see what i can make before i get there. They have too many things to choose from and it would take me a year to look over all the concoctions.

Well here is some stuff to read while i go blow my nose.

Today is National Stress Awareness Day, always the day after income tax are due. (yeah, I’m aware of my stress, very aware- believe me I have not been able to look to the right or left for two days- yup I’m aware)

Today is International Moment of Laughter Day, time to set aside a moment to laugh (That’s what I need, so post some good jokes, I need a good laugh)

Today is National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day, always the day after Income Tax Day. (sorry; I had no idea or I would have told you about it yesterday so you were prepared- I wish I had my PJ’s on)

Today is National Auctioneers Day. At the first auction on this day in 1864, the first item auctioned was a sack of flour at Austin, Nevada.

Today is Rekindle Your Romantic Self Day. (hmmmmmmm)

1987: The U.S. Patent Office began accepting patent applications for new animals created by genetic engineering.

1993: A Monmouth, Illinois, man told a judge his wife could come back home and cook for him while she was out on bail awaiting trial for trying to poison him.

1994: The first woman was inducted into the National Comedy Hall of Fame. The 50-year veteran of the Grand Ole Opry, Minnie Pearl, died in 1996.

1999: Wayne Gretzky announced his retirement from hockey.

1999: Shania Twain became the first woman to be named as Songwriter/Artist of the Year by the Nashville Songwriters Association International.

2000: As a protest against noise at Italy's Malpensa airport, some 30 voters in a Milan suburb cast their votes in regional elections in their underwear.

2003: Michael Jordan played his last NBA game with the Washington Wizards, who lost to the Philadelphia 76ers, 107-87.

2006: Lance Nesta of Waukesha, Wisconsin, found a fruitcake in his mother's attic his aunts had sent him in the Army in Alaska in 1962. Nesta didn't like fruitcake so he shipped it back home and forgot about it when he left the Army. Still in its original tin, he said the 44-year-old fruitcake hadn't changed at all, fresh as ever. But he still wouldn't eat it.

No comments: