Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it...


I can't wait, the count down is on.. Four days of work and then off to see some Panic shows!!! We were watching Panicstream.com this weekend as the show in NY was going down, OMG they played an amazing set list. Some times you can't tell the show from the set list, as what might look good on paper may not have played out that well on stage. but with a set list like Saturday's, it made me really kick myself for not being there...
OK, so there is this song, Big Woolly Mammoth, that i have not seen played live since something stupid like 2003. I have been wanting to see it. They don't play it much and it isn't my favorite song, i just would like to be at a show where it is played at some point. My friend Cal seems to get the song whem he travels to see shows, (because when he is home seeing shows, I am usually with him and of course we don't get the tune) so anyway, Saturday night, i log on to check out the set list of the show that had just started and Cal IM's me and tells me that I should have been in NY and what i thought. I take a look and the boys OPENED the show with Big Woolly. Man, I thought catching some shows as early into the tour as Chicago is, but NAAAAW ~they had to play it two nights ago... Well take that off my list of things to see.
So, we were doing some checking around for other things to do while in Chicago, like other bands playing and such and came upon the info that JB (the lead singer and rhythm gutarist) is singing the National Anthem at the White Sox game this Saturday. Though the weather looks like it is going to be nasty, if they are playing the game, i want to catch the National Anthem. so that is on our list of things to do. And then we are going to check out the Aquarium since it will be nasty out, we needed something that wasn't sight seeing. That will be accomplished on Sunday, when they say the weather will be a touch better. At least not snowing :)
With that being said, i am doing my homework as instructed by my friend Cal. He said that i need to get the new album and get to know the tunes, so that is what i am doing thin week while going to and from work. More musing to come as i try to procrastinate my way though the week :)

No comments: