Thursday, April 03, 2008

Game day #3

wqe have all been praying for rain and snow, because everyone seems to be too tired to has other things they want to do today. And i guess all of us are on the short list to H-E double hockey sticks, because it is sunny, warm and no sign on snow at all..
DAMN!!!
But i am pretty sure they are not going to make me pitch, so it doesn't really matter to me. I'll go play, what the heck..
The Roickies are down one now with a loss to the Cardinals last night. We can still pull out the series with a win tonight.
They are painting the town purple. Well ok, not the whole town. Well not even a whole street, but for about 4 blocks in front of the stadium they painted a purple stripe bow the road in celebration for the season opener tomorrow. I wish it wasn't a day game, but it is. The celebrations start at about 11am downtown and go until 2. the game is a 2:35 start, i think. I was considering taking the day off and going down to help support my favorite baseball team, but i think i am going to come to work instead. Don't worry there is nothing wrong with me, and yes i checked, I don't have a fever... I am just not sure that i want to go down there at 11 and then what am i going to do at 2? I don't have a ticket and it is sold out. Last time i tried to get into a sold out game down there, i ended up having my camera stollen. I learned my lesson, yes sir-ee bob, not going to make my parents buy me a third camera.. I mean really. there is a line. :)

We never made it to the artist yesterday. nope, didn't go. I didn't feel like it, my boyfriend didn't feel like it and we were starving. So we went to the grocery store instead and got the makings for a great homemade pizza. He makes the best pizza crust.. and watched Big Brother. I can't believe that Adam (for one) is still on the show. I would have pegged him for a short timer for sure, and that he is the first to get a double HOH. I think it was great if they kicked Josh out after a week of letting him think he was staying. But something tells me he had an idea it was going to be him. He was a little too rehearsed with Julie after the eviction, I think. but he is a little sneeky boy and I am glad he is gone. I know Chelcia was probably bummed to see him come in. I guess he didn't take her advice from when she was leaving.

And I can't believe some of these contestants on the Biggest Looser, I mean they look like totally different people. The woman in Pink is going to win i think. and it remember that she did most of her training at home seeing she was kicked off like the third week or something. She look amazing and she has lost over 100 in like 12 weeks.. crazy!!!

One week from tomorrow we will be on a jet plane to see the panic boys rip it up.. which reminds me, i have not seen the set lists from the past two nights.. must go check, you can wait here. I will be right back.
Oh you didn't think i would leave you hanging did you??? good, i knew you trusted me..
here they are for the first two nights of tour.
04/01/08 (Tue) Warner Theatre - Washington, DC
Set 1: Walk On The Flood, Angels on High, Driving Song > Three Candles > A of D > Driving Song, Machine > Barstools and Dreamers > Driving Song, Dark Day Program, All Time Low

Set 2: Boom Boom Boom, Pusherman > Drums > Her Dance Needs No Body > Pigeons > Free Somehow, Already Fried, Greta, Up All Night, Flicker, Fishwater
E:
Tickle the Truth > Ain't Life Grand

04/02/08 (Wed) Warner Theatre - Washington, DC
Set 1: Red Hot Mama, Thought Sausage, Travelin Light, Dont Wanna Lose You, Time Zone, Rebirtha > Pilgrims > Dying Man
Set 2: Disco > Diner > Ribs and Whiskey > Low Spark of High Heeled Boys > BofD > Impossible > Bust it Big, Chainsaw City E: Tallboy
Yeah, I am sure we all thought the same thing, Boy night one was full of new tunes. I think they played the whole Free Somehow album that night. but holy guacamolie, did you see night two, well scroll back up and take a gander. They knew they dropped some pretty heavy flies with all the new tunes, so they shot out a home run on night two.. But i am a Ribs and Whiskey, Low Spark, Thought sausage fan.
Although i wouldn't be upset if i got a Gretta on my birthday. But speaking of my birthday, I am a little nervous that they are going to do the same kind of thing in Chicago.. Play all the new stuff on night one, which any other time would be fine, do them get them out of the way for the next two nights, but not for MY BIRTHDAY!!! But i am counting the whole weekend, but my actual birthday show?? don't want it to be a complete throw away..
So, anyone with a direct line to JB, let him know the deal with that.

In other news. Here's what else is happening~

Today is Armenian Appreciation Day. (sure, why not..)

Today is Tweed Day, a day to consider the cost of political corruption. Always on the birth date of William March Tweed, the New York City political boss whose "Tweed Ring" stole millions from the city in the mid 1800s. (and it is still happening, anyone see the pork barrel budget report yesterday???)

Today is American Circus Day. (YEAH, who doesn’t love the circus)

Today is National Chocolate Mousse Day. (Friggen right, I am totally on board for this one)

Today is National Find a Rainbow Day. (just head to SF J)

Today is Mule Day in Columbia, Tennessee. (that just seems wrong to me)

1982: Roger Mudd and Tom Brokaw became the co-anchors of "The NBC Nightly News," replacing John Chancellor.

1995: General George Custer’s personal Civil War battle flag brought $165,000 at a San Francisco auction.

1996: Rapper Hammer, formerly M.C. Hammer, filed for bankruptcy.

1996: The FBI raided a Montana cabin and arrested former college professor Theodore Kaczynski, accusing him of being the Unabomber whose mail bombs had killed three people and injured 23 more since the 1970s.

1998: Michael Jackson became a father the second time when wife Debbie Rowe gave birth to Paris Michael Katherine Jackson.

1999: An Arkansas man blew a hole through his roof in Berryville when a large mixture of beans and rice packaged with dry ice exploded. The man wouldn’t say why he was storing the mixture, but officials warned that dry ice is just frozen carbon dioxide and can build up gas pressure fast when confined.

1999: An 80-year-old Japanese man was saved from choking to death in Okaka by a fast-thinking 911 dispatcher. When the usual life-saving steps didn’t dislodge a piece food, the dispatcher told the man’s granddaughter how to insert a vacuum cleaner tube into the unconscious victim’s mouth. She flipped it on and out came the food. The dispatcher said vacuuming was the absolute last resort.

2003: An Oklahoma couple finally got married after 77 years of living together. Zyness O'Haver, 95, and Sallie Warren, 94, decided to make it official in a ceremony at the Oklahoma County courthouse. When the judge asked, "Do you?" Sallie responded, "I sure do!"

2005: A study prepared by U.S. Defense Department advisors said that "Muslims in dictatorial regimes" do not yearn to be liberated by the U.S
That seems like a good note to ponder for a Thursday...

No comments: