Monday, April 21, 2008

WOW, that was a doo-zey.


my oh my, that got me good. I had no idea i was going to get that sick, but i am just glad i was able to fight it off quickly and am back to work this morning. I really got my ass kicked by what ever the heck that was.
So, we were in Chicago last weekend and it was Saturday, my friend had taken the train in from Michigan City with a small keg of bells for me. It was a particularly nasty day and after venturing out for some lunch, we decided the best use of the day would be to go back to our amazing hotel room, tap the small keg, grab our hotel coffee mugs and precede to put a hurting on the beer. We sat around for the better part of the day sipping on the nectar of the gods. About an hour or so before we needed to get to the show, my friends headed out and my boy friend and i sat down to some left over pizza (Gino's, the best) and that's when it happened. I felt it all at once and i knew i was in trouble. My nose opened, the back of my throat started hurting right away, and i got dizzy. I just asked for some vitimin C that my boyfriend had, for some extra boost, ate a few bites of the pie and we ran out to catch the bus to the show. About three blocks from the stop we were heading to, i told my boyfriend that i needed to throw up, and we ran out of the bus, to the trash can, and yup, the vitimin C tablet had made everything come up. but boy did i feel better. My boyfriend was doing his best to make a block for me to the cars at the stop light, but i am sure that some thought i was just some silly chick that couldn't hold my liquor, but nope.... anyway, that night, my throat was sore, but i just ignored it over the fun and the band. We headed back to our hotel and i still didn't feel well and by this time i had no voice.

The next day my throat felt better, but i just had no energy. But that is expected after two nights of panic and heading into the third show, so it felt more normal than anything... from the way i was feeling, i thought for sure that i had had an allergic reaction to the non-filtered beer that i was drinking. It seemed to make more sense to me after the next few days went by and i didn't feel any worse that that one night. The flight home was fine etc.. then last thursday, i woke up feeling, well not right. just off, you know.. I was very tired, but i figured that was just from burning the candle at both ends in Chicago. I knew i needed some time home when i got dizzy again driving to work. I came in to work, checked my email, sent an email saying i was sick ad went home. I was ok on the drive home and even had some energy to do some dishes, collect the laundry and i vacuumed the whole house and then it hit me, like a ton of bricks. I had to lay down, ended up falling asleep and when i woke i had a nice small fever. for me anything about like 98 is a fever, as weird as that sounds.. but then by about 5pm it was at 100... It broke the next day giving me the whole beautiful weekend to get over the sniffles and cough that seemed to linger.
I am better today. out of the woods, as they say, but i have my personal stash of Kleenex with lotion and some nasal spray at my desk... but i am GLAD to be back!!!
I will tell you all about our trip to Chicago, the pizza, the shows and the sights in future postings.. AND
we are getting down to the wire... My boyfriend and i are so excited.. we are going to try to get pregnant in about a month, so i have personally dubbed the next 30 days the last 30 days of debauchery for me...
I am not the craziest chick, but i got some balls... so the next 30 days is dedicated to doing things i can't once i get pregnant..
Yesterday i drank a beer.. like i said, i am not going totally wild, just keeping it real...:) I will be hitting up McDonald's and the pizza place pretty regularly, drink coffee and cokes and maybe even try to sleep on my stomach every night... hehehe...
but the exercise plan has started again.. I am going to keep walking as much as i can to get into a good habit. and now that the weather has seemed to change.. more opportunity for outside walking is very welcome, not only by me, but my dog Watson is very excited too.
alright.. again, sorry for the absence... but there will be tons of things to catch up on..
Oh and the sky is pretty hazy today, can't see the mountains because of a human started fire in Boulder.. thanks humans!!!

No comments: